Monday 11 May 2009

Stephen Fry Talks Out His Arse

Jeeves Guffaws At The Common People
From the BBC

Actor Stephen Fry has criticised the interest in MPs' expenses and said that: "It's not that important, it really isn't."


He goes on to say that he has cheated on his own expenses.

I've cheated on expenses and fiddled things, YOU have, of course you have.


Excuse me Mr Fry, I have had an expense account for the last six years and I have NEVER fiddled it, fudged it, exaggerated it or claimed for anything for which I didn't have a receipt and which wasn't absolutely necessary for my job.

And I'm sure there are many others as outraged as I am at being called a thief by you.

My mother taught me right from wrong.

We're not talking about taking a few pens from the office here, we're talking about serious fraud running to hundreds of thousands of pounds. That may be a piffling amount to you, but it could be a lifetime's earnings for someone on minimum wage.

How the other half lives eh?

3 comments:

  1. He is obviously a fan of mandelsnake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you exist in a cocooned environment like the BBC then after a while money does seem to grow on trees. It's just there in abundance. Why worry where it comes from. Perhaps he feels all organisations are the same? Some saps always cough up the readies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a Labour party supporter. So not as bright as he thinks he is.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Referendum Poll

Blog Archive

Donations Welcome

NO2ID - Stop ID cards and the database state

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter