Sunday, 3 May 2009
£2,187.91 per year.
The cost of running the EU is around £1,085,300,000 per year, or £2,187.91 for every man, woman and child in the 27 member states. Over £1 Trillion a year. Officially, the EU tells us the cost is “only” £115bn but the true figure is far, far higher because the official figures are only the direct costs. The real costs are:
£52bn Common Agricultural Policy
£62bn Regional Aid
£31bn Administering & Enforcing EU Regulations
£45bn Higher costs of goods due to import tariffs
£89bn Lost to Tax Fraud
£800bn Cost to business & industry in red tape & compliance
Total - £1,085,300,000
But what financial benefits does the EU bring?
According to the EU Commission, the EU has boosted output in member countries by 1.8%, or £200bn by their own reckoning. Compared to a cost of £1.1Trillion, this doesn’t seem like a good deal.
On June 4th you have a choice. Turn your back on the whole affair and stay at home (as most people do), vote for one of the main parties who have got us into this or vote to send an Independent to say “enough”.
A vote for one of the wrecker parties like UKIP is cutting your nose off to spite your face. UKIP will NEVER achieve its objective of a full British withdrawal from the EU. The cost of doing so would turn Britain into an economic backwater, an island nation starved of trade. We would become a nation of windowlickers, our faces pressed up against the biggest shop window in the world.
Jury Team consists of ordinary people aghast at the costs and corruptions of the EU. We are your opportunity to have your voice heard in the EU.
Take your chance on June 4th. The party’s over for the EU.
Posted by Alan W at 16:28
- Expenses - The Honourable Solution
- Bin Laden Captured
- History In The Making
- Cleaning up Politics
- Labour & SNP almost on shagging terms
- Part Of The Solution
- Tories Want Scots To Vote For A Thief
- Sunny D's A Control Freak At Heart
- Sunny D - Waffle, Spin & Shite
- Monsters In Disguise
- Why A Party Vote Is A Wasted Vote
- Darling Can't Count
- UKIP - Thieves like the rest of them
- Community Payback
- The Absolute Hypocrisy of UKIP
- Suicide Watch? Get a grip?
- Letters to Voters
- Who's Whipping Who Now?
- Esther Rantzen Stands By Jury Team
- Thieving Tories See The Light
- My Personal Contract With The Voters
- SNP - Half Hearted Nationalists
- One Down, Over Six Hundred To Go
- Lining up the Scapegoat
- Too Little, Too Late
- Voting for Donkeys
- Queen speaks out about expenses
- Can We Trust the Incompetent?
- Clean Out The Cesspit
- All together now, sing!
- Supporting Scotland
- Who Do We Vote For?
- How the other half thinks.
- Sign the Warrant here!
- Pay it Back
- Does Norman Tebbit Support Jury Team?
- Stephen Fry Talks Out His Arse
- Petition To Dissolve Parliament
- A Question for UKIP
- They Just Don't Get It Do They?
- Joanna Lumley to lead Labour
- Help get the pigs out of the trough
- A Snap General Election
- The Truth About MPs Expenses
- No wonder he's laughing.
- The Party's Over
- Gordon Brown - The Dancing Clown
- So What Are You Going To Do About Our Corrupt Poli...
- Living a life of Fiction
- Take Away Their Houses
- Report the Pigs to the Taxman
- The Wisdom Of Crowds
- Squeal Piggies, Squeal
- Blind to Justice?
- They Dine, You Whine
- Does She Think We're Thick?
- What Does The EU Cost YOU?
- A bit like North Korea only less democratic
- Take Away The Trough
- Shame? They don't know the meaning of the word.
- ▼ May (60)